Whether you envision a traditional chapel, or a destination winery wedding ceremony, there are 3 key factors to keep in mind when looking for your perfect ceremony site.
- The Type of Ceremony you want will be the leading factor in choosing which venue will best suits your wedding needs. Think about the style of ceremony you’re looking to have – chapel traditional or barefoot on the beach – formal or informal, this will help narrow down the vast amount of choices.
- Guest Count will be the second most important factor when looking at potential ceremony locations. If you are envisioning an intimate gathering of your closest friends and family, a small winery estate might be the perfect location. Whereas, if you’re looking to host a multitude of guests, searching large hotels or resorts will best fit your needs with their ballrooms.
- Location. When choosing the where to hold your ceremony keep in mind factors like traffic, parking and travel time.
Once you have those key questions answered you can start thinking about what ceremony sites fit those style, guest count and location answers best. There are so many beautiful options for where to say "I do!" including Casinos, Chapels, Churches, Community Halls and Centers, Event Centers, Visitor Centers, Convention Centers, Golf and Country Clubs, Historic Houses and Mansions, Hotels, Lodges, Museums, Synagogue, Mosques, Zoos, Aquariums, Parks, Beach Houses, Pavilions, Recreation Centers, Private Clubs, Private Residences/Backyards, Resorts, Restaurants, Rowing and Sailing Centers, Theaters, Music Halls, Wineries, Yachts, Ferries and Chartered Boats - just to name a few.
Lastly, when you've narrowed down your search to a your top choices here are some helpful tips on what to ask the ceremony site to make sure you will be able to make the wedding of your dreams a dream come true!
10 Questions to ask when choosing your ceremony site:
- Do they have dates available around the time you want your wedding?
- How many people can they accommodate?
- Do they have enough parking, offer valet parking services, or management?
- Do they offer on-site coordination?
- Do they offer a discount for weekday or off-season?
- For outdoor weddings, what are the local noise ordinances?
- Are there any decoration or music restrictions?
- What’s their cancellation policy?
- Does the venue have a reception site attached or close by? If so, is there an additional charge to use this space?
- How long will can your reserve event space(s) for? Keep in mind your florist, décor and musicians will need adequate time to set up prior to your guest’s arrival.