The sun has been shining here in Seattle for the past three days, which always makes us giddy for spring. With spring comes a huge selection of in-season wedding flowers perfect for your bouquet. Because spring is so abundant in floral choices, you can save money by selecting flowers that are in-season, rather than trying to order an out-of-season flower that will inevitably cost you much more. Here is a breakdown of our top choices in flower selection for your spring wedding.
2. Lily of the Valley: Even after the spring blooms fade, the leaves remain beautiful until fall and cover areas where other plants fail.
3. Hyacinth: These spring flowers bring scent as well as color to the spring garden.
4. Orchids: With their exotic colorful blooms, orchid wedding flowers are a popular favourite with brides.
5. Iris: The word Iris means rainbow. Irises come many colors: blue and purple, white and yellow, pink and orange, brown and red, and even black.
6. Peonies: These shrubs carry the garden from late spring into summer.
7. Lilac: These shrubs fill the late spring garden with scent and color.